About Calf House
My name is Felicity Cox and I live and work in Stourpaine - a village the beautiful Dorset countryside. I created this website in May 2014 following more than ten years working on the Salamander website which closed in April 2014 after many successful years of supplying high quality kitchenware and tableware around the world.
Salamander started to sell the Zeller Keramik ranges of tableware on line in 2005, buying initially from the UK distributor. When the UK distributor ceased to stock the tableware in 2009, Salamander started buying every three months directly from Zeller in Germany to fulfil customers’ orders.
Many people in the UK collect Zeller tableware and my wish is to continue the supply of this excellent and popular range.
The history of Zeller Keramik started more than 200 years ago in the small town of Zell am Harmersbach, between the Black Forest and the Rhine. The company was established officially in 1794.
Zeller Keramik is renowned for its high quality craftsmanship. The moulds are still cast by hand and some of the designs are hand-painted. The tableware is dish-washer and microwave oven-safe.
In 2016 I added two ranges of cookware to my website:
Couzon Cuisinox Elysée stainless steel cookware. This range of quality 18/10 polished stainless steel pans has replaced the discontinued Cuisinox Elysee range. The principle changes are:
- The pans now have a thick encapsulated base for better heat diffusion
- There's a measuring scale inside each pan
- The handles on the lids are more highly arched making them safer to handle when hot
- The non-stick frying pans now have a non-toxic coating (without PFOA) which carries a 2 year guarantee, subject to normal domestic use
- Branding has changed From CUISINOX FRANCE to COUZON CUISINOX
- The stainless steel pans carry a 5 year guarantee, subject to normal domestic use.
The two ranges are completely compatible so lids and items such as steamer inserts from one range will fit the other range.
Fissler Original Pro stainless steel cookware is a range of extremely high quality stainless steel pans designed by professionals for professionals. The pans are made in Germany from extremely robust ovenproof 18/10 stainless steel to last a life time. Fissler pans have many features which make them among the best you can buy, including:
- The energy saving CookStar base which is suitable for all types of hob, including induction. It offers superb conductivity which ensures that the pan heats quickly and evenly with no hot spots
- The tightly closing lids have a "condensate-plus function" - a depression in the centre which ensures that the condensing liquid circulates back into the food, maintaining moisture and intensifying flavour
- A pouring rim which allows you to pour easily and cleanly from any angle
- An integrated measuring scale
- Large, easy-to-grasp stainless steel stay-cool handles.